Monday, January 08, 2007

What time is it? How long have I been asleep? It's 2007? Jesus Christ, I hope somebody's been seeing to my bills.

So I've been gone for a while. Oh, thanks, but I don't really want to talk about it. The CliffsNotes: Someone I loved did a very bad thing. I'd give it an 8.5 on a 10-point scale of interpersonal transgressions. And I went through what I'll call my Dorothy Gale period: Sort of lost, trying to comprehend how I came to land in such a mess, how I would find my way out, how the systemic failure of heart, brain and courage can allow a person to create so much pain, or to absorb it. I'm almost back now... only I didn't hitch a ride in some magic balloon, I had to hoof it all the way from the Land of Blahhhhhs. (If I'd only had a train...)

Here's my silver lining: It wasn't the end of me, so I must be stronger. Now's my time to fashion the lessons of this personal apocalypse into tools that'll save me down the line. I'm resourceful that way; practical, creative... I'm the relationship MacGyver.

If anyone is reading this... thank you for your patience. I'll be home soon.

18 comments:

Jamy said...

Welcome back.

I-66 said...

Oh you know I'm reading. It's good to see that you're back and writing. That which does not kill us makes us stronger. I think you'll be just fine :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Friend --
Stronger? How could you be stronger? It was good to read this. Catch you later, eh? Maybe on the train during the last leg home. Reminiscent of something...

Vixen said...

Welcome back sweetie, ~~ glad to know u are alive:) I hope everything works out...REmember, one is able to deal with MUCH MORE than you think u can handle...Hang in there

Paulo said...

I was hoping you'd be back. I checked nearly every day. I'm sorry about your trip to shitville.

Perhaps now is not the time for Nietzsche quotes. I sometimes think it's resisting the urge to kill someone else that makes us stronger.

always write said...

Right you are; it takes more strength to push a force away than to pull it toward us.

Thank you for sticking around, guys. (Especially Vixen -- I think you were the first person ever to read this blog and I can't believe you're still coming back! :)

Anonymous said...

I missed you sooo much...

Please don't leave!

Paper Doll

Washington Cube said...

Absolutely glad to see you back. As for that level of pain? Been there. Know it. Never thought I'd have to gain a working knowledge of common sociopathic behaviors, but sometimes that check list comes in mighty handy.

El Guapo in DC said...

Welcome back Red.

East-West Girl said...

Oh, welcome back! We all missed you. I bet none of us stopped checking in from time to time :) waiting to see when you'd stop by as well.

You've always been one of the strongest women I know. I'm glad for you that you have that strength, and that you trust it.

Paige Jennifer said...

Welcome back and keep doing what you're doing with the old moving forward. One step at a time eventually graduates to pleasant strides soon enough.

Janet said...

Of course we are. And I know too much about sleep. 2007 is getting off to a lazy start.

Barbara said...

Welcome back. I've missed that snarky wit of yours. Some relationships just weren't meant to be. Hope to see you sometime soon.

Washington Cube said...

Time to post a fun Mom piece.

Old Lady said...

Welcome back! You are among friends.

Barbara said...

We're waiting (background Jeopardy music playing)...

Velvet said...

Come back little one, come back!

Anonymous said...

Glad you've survived the ordeal and hopefully have come out stronger and wiser in these matters. Chalk it up to experience, learning from it, and moving on with a new outlook! Hope returning to blogging will help. All the best.