Thursday, January 25, 2007

It's just been one of those days. One of those days when your office building catches fire just as you're on the verge on a creative breakthrough, and you have to abandon your Adobe Illustrator document and the idea that went (quite literally) up in smoke when the alarm started to wail, and you forget to grab your scarf and your gym bag with the $140 (totally meltable) Asics inside, and none of the firemen is even remotely sexy, and when Officer Moustache finally gives you the all-clear with two chubby thumbs up you climb seven flights of stairs in four-inch heels and then stop for a pee before getting back to work, only to realize that your underwear has been inside-out since 7:30 a.m.

5 comments:

I-66 said...

Yuck. Sorry doll.

...you wear four inch heels? I still think that'd make me taller.

East-West Girl said...

A literal fire? Or one of those crazy alarms? Either way, i agree with i-66, yuck. At least today's friday, right? Leave early if you can. You deserve it :)

Old Lady said...

I did that once with my underwear, threw them away!!!

Barbara said...

The good news is that usually nothing is really on fire when the alarm goes off. I have often been tempted just to hide in my office, but a pang of "what if?" always sends me out in the cold or the wet or the heat with everyone else. Glad you're safe. Maybe an even better idea will replace the one that vanished.

Kayla said...

There was definitely something burning.. (apparent from the smoke coming from the vents)... Don't even get me started on the fact that we didn't even get ONE hot fireman out of the whole ordeal...depressing... :(