Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Mom was a little upset about my "free soup" post last week... She thought I crossed the line and she gave me an earful about it, though her criticism makes me wonder just how carefully she was reading.

"Jesus, Danielle," she was almost in tears, "I'm not saying there isn't a grain of truth in there, but you made me out to be some kind of criminal. I mean, you called me a pillager. How am I supposed to feel about that?"

"No, Mom, I said 'pilfer.' I said you pilfered pastries. It's not the same thing."





"Oh. Ok, that's not so bad."

8 comments:

I-66 said...

haaaaaaaaahahaha... I love it.

Washington Cube said...

Mom strikes again :)

Lior said...

As the old phrase goes...

"I don't eat the sandwiches, I just make 'em."


Hm. How apropos.

Kayla said...

Your mom (C, I hope you are reading this!) is my hero. I (heart) her.

Paulo said...

I, too, love your mom because of that story, and I'm not just saying that (as Paulo has been known to do).

Tell her that you're building her a legacy on the Internet. Your post made me realize that I have something to learn about courage and sense of self; she's got moxie.

~Paulo

Neil said...

Write your next entry in Chinese, that might be easier for her. ;)

always write said...

HA!!!

I should totally have that story translated and framed for her.

Thanks for reading my blog, Neil!

Shafa said...

Yeah, but pillaging is totally all right...

It worked for the vikings.

And occasionally us ninjas.