Monday, September 19, 2005

how to make my Monday

This afternoon I received a vase of flowers from a friend I haven't seen in a while. The note attached simply read, "We love you," signed by my friend, her husband and her little boy.



It was a belated birthday gift. It was the best birthday gift. No disrespect to my iPod or the Grandma who gave it, but the warmth gleaned from a heartfelt, unexpected "We love you" -- especially one that comes with flowers -- will always trump a high-tech toy. It'll probably last longer, too.

Thank you, B. I love you too.

4 comments:

AJ Gentile said...

Very thoughtful... and INEXPENSIVE.

Nice.

Where does jewelry rank on this list of yours?

always write said...

I ain't fancy; I've got all the jewelry I need.

AJ Gentile said...

Ok. Now that I've established myself as a cheap bastard: carry on.

Eric the Something said...

Too bad about the jewelry. I make jewelry. Guess I'll have to whore myself out to someone that needs some. 8^)