Wednesday, August 31, 2005

So, yeah, it's my birthday. I figure by now I've milked it for all the attention it's worth, and all that's left to do is be good to myself and try not to have a panic attack today. I started by brewing the fancy special-occasion coffee I keep stashed in my freezer, and sipped it from the brown mug I bought in an Israeli artists' colony ten years ago.

The girls gave me a lovely pink scarf/belt-type thing when I came to work this morning. I'm not quite sure what to do with it -- it's one of those sequined accessories all the kids are wearing these days (couldn't resist one old fart remark) -- but in the last hour it's looked quite fetching draped over my head, wrapped around my wrist and tied casually about my neck.

...and that's all for now. I'll add to this later, after something interesting happens. If I don't get some work done I'm going to get fired. Which would be interesting, but not in a birthday way.

No comments: