Sunday, August 07, 2005

I'm on vacation now. A whole week. I'm hoping to enjoy at least four days before the horrifying reality of what awaits me at the office starts to seep into my consciousness and ruin my trip. But for now, feeling good.

I called my family (on their own vacation at the beach) on my drive up to meet my best friend at Penn State yesterday. My mother kept me alternately entertained and annoyed for about a half hour until I told her my cellphone was running out of juice.

"Okay sweetie, I'll let you go," she said. "Just be safe and keep in touch this week. Have fun. And make good choices."

I chuckled. "Don't worry Mom, I wasn't planning on having any vacation sex this trip. I didn't even pack any condoms."

"Oh!" she giggled uncomfortably. (It's so fun and easy to rattle her.) "That's not what I meant. I was talking about Weight Watchers."

Thanks, Mom. You have fun too. And enjoy your and popcorn and fudge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.collegesexadvice.com/condoms.shtml

Damn kids of today, they get all the fun.